1000 of people have become sedentary as a result of the covid 19 pandemic. As social distancing and lockdown measures suspended access to physical fitness centers. People have resorted to a few different methods to maintaining their healthy lifestyle. From videos, to live streaming or outdoor workouts people have been trying to maintain a creative edge in staying healthy.
Science knows that there is a direct link between physical inactivity and chronic illness. Eating crappy food and sitting down in front of the TV or computer hasn't benefited people much. This being done of the past year has seen a rise in the waist line of many Americans and coupled with the anxiety of "not knowing" what the future holds can lead to a very "stressful state"
How do we break this cycle and get back to "normal" Here are some steps that you can undertake:
- Take a break from sitting. After 20 -30 minutes. Get up and walk around.
- Start stretching again. Have a cat? Take cues from them! They stretch all the time. Be cat like!
- Sit a meditate so that you can calm you mind and re focus.
- Optimize your workstation to minimize stress on your neck and back
- Get a personal trainer!!! Starting from scratch again is intimidated and can lead to "quitting" Done quit!!! Hire me and let me help you navigate getting your body.
Don't try and do what you were doing pre-Covid. Your going to get discouraged and may even get injured!
The road back to "fitness normal" is here. But you just need a little help along the way!!
Next Level Fitness is a small private fitness facility in Oakland, CA. It is located in the GrandLake area of Oakland. Next Level Fitness provides chiropractic, personal training and small group training services to these areas of Oakland 94610, 94611, 94602. We cater to " Every-Body " but specialize in fitness services for adults 30 (+).
Please join our fitness family!