We all want to be healthy and fit. But, what is the best way to begin a fitness program? There are a multitude of videos and articles and how to's out there. But, sometimes you need simple concrete action steps to get the ball rolling. Once you have plan you can create the ideal body that you want for yourself.
Although, jumping right into fitness has its benefits. Not planning to train will ultimately lead to fitness failure. It's in your best interest to structure an exercise routine that is easy to navigate and you can be consistent.
These steps although elementary are VERY significant because it gives you a structured plan to exercise on a weekly basis. Over time because you undertook this preliminary step you will be able to enjoy the fruit of your efforts in the months to come.
So here are the " 6 Actionable Steps to Create your ideal Fitness Program"
- Time of the day: What is the best time of day to exercise for yourself? If you're a morning person make morning your preferred time. If you're an evening person make evening time your preferred time to exercise. Training at times that you are not optimal is a recipe for disaster. Find a time of the day that you can be consistent with and have energy.
- Days to exercise: What days during the week can you make a commitment to your exercise program? Preferably a minimum of 3 x week is ideal. Exercising on non-consecutive days are ideal. Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. What matters most is finding the days that work best with your current schedule.
- Length of exercise: Realistically a good workout can be done in 40 min. I prefer 40 min because I can get it over quickly and efficiently. If your a regular gym person then you already have a routine. If you are new to fitness ( again! ) then 30 minutes is an ideal time period for fitness success.
- Analyze diet: The elephant in the ROOM. What are you shoving into your mouth!!! That is what will make or break your fitness program. What your diet is becomes you!! Analyze what you eat for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and any snacks. Tally up the servings you are consuming and any condiments. Only then will you be able to grasp what your food choices are and you may be surprised at what you'll find.
- Get Sleep: This should go without saying. But in our modern world sleep is a commodity that is hard to come at times. PLEASE make an effort to get proper Zzzz's on a nightly and weekly basis. Our bodies grow while we are sleeping ( resting ) if you're resting is limited your efforts will be limited and will lead to frustration.
- Start Exercising: The million dollar question! But how do you exercise. When starting out walking and stretching are essential. As you pick up the pace bodyweight activities can be introduced and after a while weights, bars and other tools can be incorporated into your routine. But start simply so that you can be consistent.
As you can see these 6 steps are very easy to understand and implement. All that needs doing is creating the workouts. In Step #6. Please review my (2) FREE VIDEOS. Easy Home Workout and Shelter in Place home workout. These videos describe a basic workout that you can do without any weights! Start with Easy Home workout and review the concepts and then practice. When your confident challenge yourself in Shelter in Place Home workout and test yourself while you workout with me!!
Next Level Fitness is a small private fitness facility in Oakland, CA. It is located in the GrandLake area of Oakland. Next Level Fitness provides chiropractic, personal training and small group training services to these areas of Oakland 94610, 94611, 94602. We cater to " Every-Body " but specialize in fitness services for adults 30 (+). Please join our fitness family!