Well you started your workout. Congratulations!! You have the right fitness professional to help you begin your fitness journey . But before you jump in what are some essential items that you should be taking with you on your first day of fitness training?
The key to having a good workout are (5) things:
- Shoes: Your on your feet all day ( depending upon what you do for a living!) and walking and sometimes running to get around. Having comfortable and well fitting shoes are a much. I wear Alra and Merrell shoes. I've found them to have the best fit form my feet. They have the wide toe box which makes my toes spread out more so I have more surface area to navigate my environment.
- Shirt: A 100% cotton shirt is a must! it's light and wont trap moisture in your closes making it heavy and stuck to your body. Some of the newer "wicking" shirts are beneficial. Have a few of each and wear the most comfortable one. Probably with the most stains and holes in it!
- Shorts: As long as their not khaki's, jeans or cargo pants. You'll be fine. Again, like shirts you want them to be as comfortable as possible. Nothing that will be tight and inhibit range of motion around your hips.
- Pants: Sweat pants, leggings, track pants all work to help you be more functional and loose when working out.
- Having a cotton towel and a water bottle: Although most facilities have access to water. Bringing your own beverages with whatever specific vitamins or supplements can help you reach your potential can be more beneficial.
These are some of the essential items that you will need to help you begin a productive and successful fitness journey.
Next Level Fitness is a small private fitness facility in Oakland, CA. It is located in the Grand Lake area of Oakland. Next Level Fitness provides chiropractic, personal training and small group training services to these areas of Oakland 94610, 94611, 94602. We cater to " Every-Body " but specialize in fitness services for adults 30 (+).
Please join our fitness family!